------------------------------------

(The best way to enjoy this blog is to read the posts in chronological order, from oldest to newest. The post titles are available in the "Blog Archive" list on the right-side panel. Just start from the bottom towards the top. To view the full picture album click on the "Slideshow." Let me hear your comments!)

Labels

Monday, July 18, 2011

Wanhua the Company

Location: Xingfu, Yantai, Shandong, China
The company I work at is ‘Yantai Wanhua Polyurethanes Company Limited’. Yantai is the city where ‘Wanhua’ the company based (and where I am living).  There is no actual meaning for the word Wanhua. It is just a name.

This company comes from the bigger mother corporation named ‘Wanhua Group’ which is a group of many related companies such as energy, leather and other chemical production companie. The group also operates a school and a hotel. Wanhua Group is one of China’s biggest and most respected professional industrial groups (but, they did not seem to have the professionalism as what international companies posses, yet they are trying their best to reach and compete with international organizations).

A street within the company. Full of greenery and pleasant weather. Only few hot days

In Yantai Wanhua Polyurethanes, I am working as a research assistant in the research and development department (R&D). I will write another post related to my work and team sometime soon.

The major product of the company I am working at is polyurethanes, which is a material from the polymers family. Polyurethanes turned to be commonly available in our daily lives more than I expected. It if found in the following:
  1. Sofa and furniture cushions
  2. Automobiles steering (the leather-like handle)
  3. Automobile dashboards
  4. Shoe soles
  5. Insulators (eg: in fridges or ovens)
  6. Coatings and paint
  7. Synthetic rubbers

And many more...

 (If you like to know more about the company check the links)

I will also write more posts about what is nice and what is not about the company and the work environment to share the internship experience. I really wish if anybody of our AUS batch reads this or any later posts related to internships, to share the internship experience even if so briefly.
Plant inside the Company. Just a very tiny bit of the whole plant
Barrels of Chemicals

2 comments:

Numfon said...

Hi Youssef
I am Numfon from thailand. I am not sure if you're still running this blog but I will be going to Yantai Wanhua Company next month as IAESTE student. Maybe you can give me some suggestion about the place and the living there.

Youssef Chehade said...

Yea I still check it, but I stopped posting.
I am glad you checked my blog :)

The company will arrange accommodation for you and will assign you an assistant who will always be there to help you. They also offer transporation to and from the company. Just don't worry, things will be easy! Yantai is a developed city, it has everything you would need (banks, big supermarkets, etc..) I suggest you get use of public busses to go travel around they are really cheap. If you want anything else don't hesitate to email me.

All the best!

Post a Comment